PPE Inspections for centres and activity providers
Inspections of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are absolutely essential to ensure the safety of you and your clients. It is also a legal requirement that you have accurate, detailed up to date PPE records. These fall under Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER), the Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 2002, and the Personal Protective Equipment at work Regulations 1992.
At Adventure Vertical we can help with your PPE inspections and record keeping.
We can provide hands on practical support to apply and put systems in place or take on the management of such systems and deliver your annual inspections for you. Support will include:
- Setting up Systems
- Pre-Use checks.
- Identification of PPE
- Limitations of use
- Following the manufacturer’s guidelines for use.
- Check its compliance with (EN) standards
- Ensure traceability of all PPE by incorporating a compliant recording system, PaperTrail, GearLog, or your own in house recording system.
- Have a quarantine/replacement/replenishment plan
- How to remove/destroy/catalogue all failed PPE
- Routine inspections at every use (Pre-User checks)
- A comprehensive inspection process annually/bi annually or quarterly on top of your daily user checks delivered by your training/staff/stores team
- Training and support can be delivered at your centre/stores.